Being a Support
Every retreat needs a Course Liaison. Because our staff is busy cooking, cleaning, and organizing, the Course Liaison is the “go-to” person for communications between the Vajrapani Institute staff and retreatants, including questions and concerns that inevitably arise during the retreat. They also help manage the working meditation jobs performed by the retreatants. You are a vital resource for making the retreat run smoothly.
We very much appreciate your contribution to ensure the success of our retreat experience. In addition, you will
- Create amazing merit (positive potential in your mind) by offering service to a dharma center, the teachers, and fellow students.
- Practice dharma off the cushion and gain real-world skills to effectively help people in a loving an nurturing environment.
- Strengthen your connection with Vajrapani Institute, a place that cherishes and nurtures all who serve and visit.
- Receive a 30% discount off the cost of camping or dorm accommodation during retreat.
- Receive a 10% discount off retreats for one year after serving as course liaison.
Duties and Responsibilities
On the first day of the retreat
- Arrive around noon to have lunch, meet with the staff, and be briefed on the upcoming retreat.
- Assist with the registration process.
During the retreat
- Field questions of retreaters as they arise.
- Check in with the kitchen, housekeeping and office staff as needed.
- Check to see that retreatants completed their working meditation jobs.
At the end of the retreat
- Facilitate the final clean-up in cooperation with appropriate staff.
- Ensure that working meditation jobs are completed.
Why We Assign Working Meditation Jobs
- Allows retreaters to give back to Vajrapani Institute and each other, creating merit or “positive spiritual potential.”
- Creates an opportunity to put the teachings into practice as a group and to see work from a new perspective.
- Builds a sense of community and interdependence as everyone does their part to facilitate a successful retreat.
- Assists the Vajrapani Institute staff to better serve large groups.
Should any problems arise, feel free to ask one of our staff for help. We are happy to be of service to you.