Our facilities, including a meditation hall, accommodations, and blessed land are available for rental to spiritual groups of all traditions.
Vajrapani Institute is a sacred, 70-acre retreat center located in the Santa Cruz Mountains, in the stillness of the California redwoods. While secluded in a peaceful forest, it is also conveniently located to the nearby major cities and airports of San Francisco and San José.
We love to host all kinds of groups from a wide variety of spiritual traditions. Buddhist and non-Buddhist groups alike are welcome to enjoy the blessings of Vajrapani Institute.
“As we drove into Vajrapani, I felt like I was embraced by God. There could be no better welcome.”
– Student from Center for Spiritual Enlightenment
Vajrapani Institute is one of the first Buddhist centers to be founded in the US. Many highly regarded teachers have stayed here and blessed the land, including His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Unlike some of the larger retreat centers, we host one group at a time. This means that your group will have the center to yourselves and feel like the space belongs to you.
“Vajrapani Institute is my all-time favorite retreat center!”
- Direct feedback and authoritative answers to questions as they arise
- Sharing of experiences and ideas through discussion
- Extra stamina and momentum from a shared group dynamic
- Increased confidence in your own ability and skill in the practice
- Meeting like-minded individuals for companionship on your spiritual journey
While our center’s history and practices are rooted in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, we welcome contemplative groups of various traditions to share our facilities.