Green Tara Mantra Drop in Sessions for the Environment
January 4 - April 8, 2023
“Every individual should act to save the Earth from climate change.” ~ His Holiness the Dalai Lama
His Holiness the Dalai Lama encourages us all to “take action” to help mitigate the climate crisis swiftly. Our immediate action requires a high level of global cooperation and coordination. Guymed Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Jampa recently gave blessings for a collective group effort nation-wide of 10 million Tara Mantra recitations with the dedication to mitigate the current climate crisis.
As part of this national effort, Vajrapani has committed to lead two sessions of practice each month with the heartfelt wish to remove karmic obstacles for all those trying to resolve the climate crisis.
- Wed. Jan 4th – 4pm – 5pm with Ven. Chime
- Sat. Jan 7th – 2pm – 3pm with Ven. Chime
- Wed. Feb 8th – 4pm – 5pm
- Sat. Feb 11th – 2pm – 3pm with George Galt
- Wed. Mar 8th – 4pm – 5pm with Richard Prinz
- Sat. Mar 11th – 2pm – 3pm with Lennie Kronisch
- Wed. April 5th – 4pm – 5pm
- Sat. April 8th – 2pm – 3pm
The zoom link and id is the same throughout all our practice sessions. No need to register, you can just save this meeting id/link.
Meeting ID: 5624167301
No Passcode needed.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5624167301
OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA
Each session with be roughly one hour, including 10-15 minutes of setting motivation, 30 minutes of practice (possibly with a small break), and then 10-15 minutes of a group dedications for the swift mitigation of the climate crisis.
- 10milliontaras.com – Full event webpage, includes more practice sessions and details
- Ecology, Ethics, and Interdependence: The Dalai Lama in Conversation with Leading Thinkers on Climate Change – John D. Dunne, 2018
- Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World – Dalai Lama & Franz Alt, 2020
“We human beings are the only creatures with the power to destroy the earth, but we are also the species with the greatest capacity to protect it. We must confront issues of climate change on a cooperative global level for everyone’s benefit. But we must also do what we can on a personal level”. ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama