June 8-10, 2018
What is it?
The Drukpa Kagyu lineage is renowned among the traditions of Vajrayana Buddhism for producing some of the greatest yogis from across the Himalayas. After spending many years in mountain retreats, these meditation masters such as Gampopa, Tsangpa Gyare, Drukpa Kunleg, and Pema Karpo displayed miraculous signs of spiritual accomplishment that have inspired generations of Buddhist practitioners. They immortalized these experiences in Mahamudra advice and songs of realization that have become sources of inspiration for students wishing to genuinely connect with this tradition.
Jetsunma Palmo will offer techniques from these sources for resting in the naturally pure and luminous state of our minds. As these masters make clear – through stabilizing the meditative experiences of bliss, clarity, and non-thought – we will be liberated from suffering in this very life and will therefore be able to benefit countless beings.
See the recently published The Supreme State of Mahamudra from which Jetsunma will select advice on which to give commentary.
Who is it for?
This retreat is suitable for all. Jetsunma teaches at many levels will speak from her decades of experience and realizations to make her teachings accessible to practitioners at all levels.
- Learn how the Mahamudra techniques can illuminate the true nature of our minds
- Learn the instructions given by the great Kagyu masters to achieve Mahamudra.
- Please plan on arriving between 3:00 and 5:00 PM on the first day of the retreat
- Please plan on departing approximately 2:00 PM on the last day of the retreat
- Consider reviewing our accommodations
- For more detailed information, please see our FAQ
If you are interested in serving as Course Liaison for this retreat, please apply here.