February 15-19, 2018
Beginner and Intermediate
What is it?
Explore how to lead a more fulfilling, meaningful and happier life
The a.r.t. of Fulfillment (action, reflection, transformation) is an innovative secular course based on the Buddhist teachings and approved by Lama Zopa Rinpoche. It presents three interconnected themes based on Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s advice: Inner Happiness – Good Heart – Clear Mind.
This course, the second of two modules, is part of the in-depth ART of Fulfillment program created by the Foundation for Developing Compassion and Wisdom. The program is based on Lama Yeshe’s original vision for Universal Education and His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s vision of secular ethics compatible with modern science. Though rooted in Buddhist philosophy, the retreat will include material from psychology, current scientific research, and universal insights of the world’s philosophical, spiritual, and religious traditions.
Using lecture, discussion, meditation, and group activities, Venerable Tenzin Chogkyi and Don Handrick will lead us in exploring three fundamental themes: “Inner Happiness” based on ethical values; a “Good Heart” focused on cultivating an altruistic motivations; and the “Clear Mind” achieved through developing wisdom by training in attention and critical analysis.
This course is a continuation of Module 1. It helps you:
- build confidence in making healthier choices handling change.
- cultivate techniques to calm and focus your mind.
- develop tools to learn how to work with your thoughts, emotions and feelings.
- build more caring, positive relationships in the family, community and society.
The first module is being offered at our sister center in San Francisco in January. See their website.
Prerequisites Apply. See Prerequisite tab for more info.
- Please plan on arriving between 3:00 and 5:00 PM on the first day of the retreat
- Please plan on departing approximately 2:00 PM on the last day of the retreat
- Consider reviewing our accommodations
- For more detailed information, please see our FAQ
If you are interested in serving as Course Liaison for this retreat, please apply here.