April 19-22, 2018
What is it?
All the peace and happiness of the whole globe,
the peace and happiness of societies,
the peace and happiness of family,
the peace and happiness in the individual persons’ life,
and the peace and happiness of even the animals and so forth,
all depends on having loving kindness toward each other.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche
We spend our whole lives trying to find happiness by fulfilling our desires. Has this ever worked? Isn’t it true that the most satisfying moments of happiness occur when we do something to help someone else?
Bodhicitta is a mind fully dedicated to benefitting all beings as completely as possible, by leading them to complete liberation from suffering. The Tibetan tradition teaches techniques for developing this noble intention. As His Holiness the Dalai Lama says:
Bodhicitta or the altruistic aspiration to attain Enlightenment for the benefit of all sentient beings is a state of mind which cannot be cultivated or generated within one’s mental continuum simply by praying for it to come into being in one’s mind. Nor will it come into existence by simply developing the understanding of what that mind is. One must generate that mind within one’s mind’s continuum.
This course will provide an overview of the teachings on developing bodhicitta, the wish to become a fully awakened being for the benefit of all. It will emphasize the meditation techniques of this system of developing bodhicitta and will include discussion periods and guided meditations.
Prerequisites: See Prerequisites tab.
- Learn how to develop inner peace and greater emotional balance with the methods of compassion.
- Learn how to find happiness inside oneself through changing our frame of reference from valuing ourselves to valuing others.
- Please plan on arriving between 3:00 and 5:00 PM on the first day of the retreat
- Please plan on departing approximately 2:00 PM on the last day of the retreat
- Consider reviewing our accommodations
- For more detailed information, please see our FAQ
If you are interested in serving as Course Liaison for this retreat, please apply here.