October 18 – 21, 2018
What is it?
“Tara can solve many problems in your life: she can liberate you from untimely death; help you recover from disease; bring you success in business; help you find a job; and bring you wealth. When you have a really serious problem, such as a life-threatening disease, if you rely on Tara, commonly you will be freed from that problem, or you will recover from that disease… These are common experiences… Tara’s meditation practice is quick to grant success in obtaining the ultimate happiness of enlightenment.”
~ Lama Zopa Rinpoche (Kopan 1987)
Cittamani Tara, is a highest yoga tantra form of Tara, seen as an embodiment of active compassion and promises assistance when called upon. Tara the liberator removes obstacles and empowers us to reach enlightenment within this very body, this very life. The practice of Cittamani Tara, the heart jewel or wish fulfilling jewel, is a body mandala that focuses on the winds, channels and drops of the divine body.
This retreat is not open to those who are doing the practice of Shugden (which has been strongly discouraged by His Holiness the Dalai Lama).
Prerequisites and commitments
- Please see Prerequisites tab.
- Secret Revelations of Chittamani Tara, David Gonzalez.
- Those attending both this retreat and The Essence of Mahamudra can stay at Vajrapani Institute October 21st at no cost. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Please plan on arriving between 3:00 and 5:00 PM on the first day of the retreat
- We are still confirming scheduling with Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Jampa, expect the retreat to conclude in the late afternoon.
- Consider reviewing our accommodations
- For more detailed information, please see our FAQ
If you are interested in serving as Course Liaison for this retreat, please apply here.