Learn effective exercises and practical techniques to enhance and enrich daily life through the three interconnected themes of Inner Happiness, Good Heart and Clear Mind
July 6 – July 9, 2017
What is it?
We all need to learn how to deal effectively and skillfully with our states of minds and emotions in order to live peacefully within ourselves, our families, and our communities. We also need to develop confidence and resilience so we can actively benefit the world.
This course, the first of three modules, is part of the in-depth ART of Fulfillment program created by the Foundation for Developing Compassion and Wisdom. The program is based on Lama Yeshe’s original vision for Universal Education and His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s vision of secular ethics compatible with modern science. Though rooted in Buddhist philosophy, the retreat will include material from psychology, current scientific research, and universal insights of the world’s philosophical, spiritual, and religious traditions.
Using lecture, discussion, meditation, and group activities, Venerable Tenzin Chogkyi and Don Handrick will lead us in exploring three fundamental themes: “Inner Happiness” based on ethical values; a “Good Heart” focused on cultivating an altruistic motivations; and the “Clear Mind” achieved through developing wisdom by training in attention and critical analysis.
- Build confidence in making healthier choices handling change
- Cultivate techniques to calm and focus your mind
- Develop tools to learn how to work with your thoughts, emotions, feelings
- Build more caring, positive relationships in the family, community and society
- Enhance creativity and logical reasoning
- Please plan on arriving between 3:00 and 5:00 PM on the first day of the retreat
- Please plan on departing approximately 2:00 PM on the last day of the retreat
- Consider reviewing our accommodations
- For more detailed information, please see our FAQ
If you are interested in serving as Course Liaison for this retreat, please apply here.