What does Vajrapani provide for my program?
May I bring items to support our specific practices?
What should my students bring?
What should my students not bring?
What if we forget something?
Items that we have available
Vajrapani provides everything you’ll need for a sitting meditation retreat including:
Bringing your practice here
We encourage you to bring any items related to your specific practice that you wish. These items might include:
- Yoga mats and equipment
- Representations of your teachers or deities
- Ritual items
If there’s something special you need from us for your practice, please let our Facility Rental Manager know.
Back to top
Items your students will need
We’re 25 minutes away by car from the nearest small town, so it’s important to have your group pack carefully and wisely. We also recommend packing lightly for easy transportation.
- Shared dormitory guests, including those staying in the Main dorm and Semi-private dorm, will need to bring a sleeping bag or blankets. (Sheets and pillows will be provided)
- Private accommodation guests, including those staying in the private rooms and cabins, will have all their bedding provided.
Essential Items for Everyone to Bring:
- Emergency contacts (doctor's info and two people we may contact in case of emergency)
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes
- Cozy indoor shoes (no dirty shoes inside the meditation hall)
- Warm jacket
- Travel alarm clock (or meditation timer)
- Journal and pens
- Vitamins and medicines
Back to top
What’s Not Helpful
In addition to the technical limitations below, we ask that retreat participants not wear perfume. Some of our guests may have chemical sensitivities or allergies.
Power System Limitations
Our electricity is generated by solar panels, which are not strong enough to run appliances with heat elements. These appliances may shut down our power system.
If someone in your group wants to bring an appliance that is not included in the lists below or you’re not sure whether it is compatible with our system, just ask us before they bring it.
Errands and Special Requests
Vajrapani Institute is 25 minutes away by car from the nearest small town so it’s important to pack carefully and wisely. Our staff will not be available to run personal errands should your students forget something important.
However, we do have some essentials for sale in our bookstore including:
Soaps and Shampoo
Back to top