How far ahead should I plan?
Is there a contract?
How much is the deposit?
What happens if we end up with more or fewer participants than we estimated?
What is your cancellation policy?
Can you help me prepare?
How do I reserve dates?
Ready to make a reservation? Make sure Vajrapani Institute is right for your group before you contact us.
The vast majority of our groups are return customers who plan their yearly retreats with us. This means, especially in the summer and fall seasons, that groups reserve 6 months to a year ahead of time.
The more notice you can give us, the more likely we’ll be able to provide you with the dates you want.
We will ask you to enter into a contract for your reservation, including liability protection, a payment agreement, etc. We will be happy to go over this contract with you when you are book your reservation.
Your dates will be guaranteed from the time you sign and return this contract to us with your first Deposit.
Your contract will be written with your estimated group size in mind. If you expect 25-30 participants, we will write a contract for 25 people, etc. Your estimated accommodation fees will be averaged from among the various housing options, favoring the shared dormitory.
Back to top
We require two non-refundable deposits before you arrive, each calculated at 25% of the estimated final total cost.
- The First Deposit is due with your signed contract.
- The Second Deposit is due 6 weeks prior to your reservation.
Estimates vs. Reality
We know that things change, so:
- If you arrive at your retreat with fewer people than you estimated, but more than the minimum, there is no penalty. The full amounts of your deposits will be included in calculating the total fee.
- If your attendance falls below the minimum of 18 participants for two-night stays or 15 participants for three-nights or more, you will still be responsible to pay for these minimum numbers in Dormitory accommodation.
- Your final invoice will always be based on the accommodations actually used, and not on the estimate.
- If you exceed your estimated attendance and need more space, let us know a few weeks ahead and we will take measures such as reserving more Private Cabins for you if they are available.
Please ask us for clarification or flexibility. We want your experience to be spacious and welcoming and will attempt to accommodate you if we can.
Back to top
Your group may cancel your reservation at any time.
All deposits are non-refundable.
We would appreciate advanced notice for any cancellation so we can offer your dates to another group.
We have lots of resources to help prepare your group to come and stay with us. See the Preparing for Your Facility Rental section to get started.
Also, our Facility Rental Manager is always happy to answer your questions by phone or email. See contact details below.
Contact our Facility Rental Manager, Fabienne to begin your reservation process.
Fabienne Pradelle - Director, Facility Rental Manager
Back to top