Let Us Help
We see people transforming their lives every year, creating happiness and manifesting wisdom, truly ending the cycles of dissatisfaction and destruction in their lives. We know exactly how important the Dharma can be.
That is why we never turn away anyone for lack of financial resources. We will gladly work out a payment plan with you. If you need even more assistance, we offer several scholarships that should suit the needs of everyone. In order to include everyone who applies, please note that the scholarship deadline is one month before retreat begins.
We realize that budgets can be tight and that you know your financial situation better than we do. With this in mind, we’ve set up a payment plan option that allows you to decide the amount and timing of your payment. Just figure out how many weeks or months it will take for you to pay off your retreat in installments of the amount that seems manageable to you.
To set up your plan
Contact our office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-800-531-4001, ext 1 and complete a Payment Plan Agreement to register for your retreat. Come enjoy the Dharma!
Note: When setting up a payment plan, the minimum deposit of $25.00 per night is required to register.
Though we prefer you use a payment plan if possible, we do have several scholarships to meet any need. If none of these scholarship options are right for you, we will work with you to make other arrangements. Please do not miss an opportunity to study, practice, and know the Dharma because of financial concerns.
Accommodations for scholarship recipients will be either the main dormitory or camping.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship is 30 days before the retreat begins. We will notify you about your scholarship at least 2 weeks prior to the retreat.
Choose the one that is right for you
- Dzambala Scholarships: Based on income, these are general scholarships for those with financial hardships.
- Medicine Buddha Scholarships: For those with serious medical issues which strain their financial resources.
- Maitreya Scholarships: Especially for young adults (18-26) who wish to hear the Dharma.
- Sangha Scholarships: For ordained monastics only.
Inspired by the wealth granting tantric deity, the Dzambala scholarship is intended for people with genuine financial hardship in paying our normal program fee’s, and to whom a payment plan is also untenable.
If you qualify we cannot guarantee a scholarship. Available funds are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
The Dzambala Scholarship is a fee reduction based on available scholarship funds.
Accommodation will be granted in the Main Dormitory.
We base Dzambala Scholarship eligibility on US Federal Guidelines set forth at 2.5 times the Federal Poverty Level. This in turn, is based on household size:
|Your Household Size (Number of Dependents)||To be eligible for this scholarship your household income should not exceed:|
Medicine Buddha Scholarship
Inspired by the Buddha of health and healing, the Medicine Buddha Scholarship is intended for people with financial hardship as a result of medical expenses.
- The Medicine Buddha Scholarship is a fee reduction.
- Accommodations for scholarship recipients will be either the main dormitory or camping.
You qualify for a Medicine Buddha Scholarship if you fit into one or more of the following:
- Your medical expenses take up a significant portion of your income, resulting in an inability to pay for a retreat.
- Your medical condition impairs your ability to work, resulting in an inability to pay for a retreat.
If your condition does not fit these criteria and you feel you still may qualify, please ask. The preceding is meant as a guideline and not as an exhaustive list.
Inspired by the future Buddha of this world, the Maitreya scholarship is intended for young people with financial hardship.
We recognize the enormous interest and potential that youth have in the Dharma, so we have made special effort to make these teachings available to them.
There are four Maitreya scholarships available for each of our programs, which will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Maitreya Scholarship is a special flat rate of $40.00 per night.
- Accommodation will be granted in the Main Dormitory. Should the Dormitory fill with regular guests, Maitreya recipients will need to camp. Please have a tent available for this scenario.
You qualify for a Maitreya Scholarship if you
- are 18-26 years old.
- cannot afford the regular program fee.
The Sangha scholarship is intended for those of us who have taken the vows of a Buddhist order. Since the Sangha is one of the Three Jewels we are honored to host them for our group retreats.
- The Sangha Scholarship is a full scholarship.
- Accommodation will be granted in the monks’ or nuns’ dormitory.
We are grateful for any donations that monastics could offer us through sponsors or personal funds. A suggested rate is $40.00 per night.
Any ordained monastic in a Buddhist tradition is welcome to take advantage of this scholarship.